Chủ Nhật, 12 tháng 1, 2020

The Link Up: Emily’s Favorite Christmas Gift, A Soup Hack Sara Can’t Wait to Try & A Thrilling Podcast Rec

Untitled 110
Untitled 110
photo by max burkhalter | design by zoë buckman | via Architectural Digest

Welcome to the first link up of 2020. Ahh, it feels good to back. We hope you are ready to jump right in because it’s has been far too long and we have a lot to say. Let’s get to it:

Today’s home tour (home of artist Zoë Buckman) is as creative as she is. It’s full of her deeply personal art (that is SO good) and the most beautiful textiles we have ever seen. Needless to say, we are smitten.

From Emily: “I held out on getting a kindle for the following reasons: 1. I didn’t want more tech in my life both for my mental sake and for the kids. I wanted them to see me read books. 2. I like books and the tactile nature, that whole “they just smell so good thing.” But, I couldn’t read after Brian went to bed because of the light. Besides, there are basically no book stores up in Lake Arrowhead. So, I got a paperwhite kindle for Christmas (not wanting to buy it myself in case I never use it) and I LOVE IT. I’ve flown through 2 books. One of the best parts that I didn’t predict is that people don’t know what I’m reading, so I can read any and all young adult or smutty thrillers without then needing to donate it after (which does feel wasteful). Once I explained to my kids, that I’m not on my phone this is just a book and showed them it, I think they get it. I still try to read magazines or the newspaper in front of them, but I think this is a paranoia that I need to get over – I just don’t want them to think that I value tech over engaging with them – they love playing near me while I read a book or magazine, but me scrolling on Instagram felt gross – you get it.”

Caitlin is not a skilled camper like some people in the office (*cough* JULIE *cough*) BUT she’s super into this new site, Parkseekers! It’s run by two parents (so lots of info if you’re trying to find something to enjoy with your kids!) and there’s an entire “outdoor newbies” section in case you’re more of an indoor cat and have no idea where to start.

From Sara: “It’s the middle of soup season, and I’ve been making a ton chicken soup. I’m super excited to try this method in order to avoid what Bon Appetit calls “The #1 Chicken Soup Mistake.”

Ryann recently read Normal People by Sally Rooney and could not get enough of it. It is easy to read, completely intoxicating, and she was so SAD when it was over.

Veronica has a new podcast rec! From Veronica: “My friend introduced me to The Cut on Tuesdays and this episode is the story of a girl who fell asleep in a Lyft and woke up the next morning with no memory of what happened, except seeing the suspicious route her driver took, and I was immediately both weary and interested in hearing more.

Jess has finally stopped bleaching her mustache because she was convinced by her cousin to try this electric face razor and now she can’t go back. Bye, bye bleach. PS it’s only $20. 

From Mallory: “For months Emily has been trying to convince all of us that snakeskin is a neutral, which I firmly disagreed with until I found these. They’re perfect for people like me that wear a lot of black and white since they don’t have that slightly green tint to them like most snakeskin boots.”

BONUS HOUSE TOUR: Julia Leach’s incredible LA apartment is a calm, maximalist’s dream. The whole office loves it and we are guessing you will too. Ps. How good are those candles??

We always have some lofty goals when the new year rolls around that typically fall to the wayside by the end of January. So to help keep them alive, Julie got this planner from Ink + Volt. From Julie, “The way it’s laid out is so manageable, you start off by listing out your goals for 2020 and what your theme will be which is great to do but sometimes unattainable. The actual part that I love is that it has you refocus each month by setting a ‘31-Day Challenge’ & weekly goals as well as listing something out to reflect on / celebrate. It reminds you to stay present in the moment and set goals that are achievable throughout the year.”

And before we go, a few ICYMI’s: 1. Our very own Julie’s Bedroom Makeover Takeover full of DIYs is live and we are all pretty obsessed with it. If you haven’t seen it yet, do yourself a favor and head over and revel in her genius. 2. If you can, please take a few moments to fill out our reader survey (we promise it’s quick). We GREATLY appreciate your input and would love to hear your thoughts on how we can better the blog and give you what you want in 2020.

Okay, that is all for now. See you here tomorrow for a very special 10-year blog anniversary post. xx

The post The Link Up: Emily’s Favorite Christmas Gift, A Soup Hack Sara Can’t Wait to Try & A Thrilling Podcast Rec appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét