Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 7, 2020

Does Your Home And Pup Want Cuter But Practical Accessories? We’ve Got You Covered

I think all dog owners can agree that once they become a part of your home and life, your world is forever changed. Not just because they are human’s best friend but because they will absolutely take over your home if you let them. I’m not the strictest dog parent so needless to say my dog has won this battle. It’s fine, I surrender. However, so long as I have a 60 lb lap dog in my life, on my sofa, and in my bed, I will be damned if I don’t at least attempt to save the decor and design of my home. This means searching for the most design-friendly dog accessories out there, so I can perhaps maintain a tiny bit of control.

I’ve put off purchasing a lot of the dog accouterments but as the design of my home comes further and further along, I needed to find what’s best for my dog, my home, and my sanity. Here we go…

1. Forest Dog Bed | 2. Contempo Lounge Pet Bed | 3. The Wolf Nest Linen Dog Bed | 4. Riviera Dog Bed | 5. Moderno Pet Bed | 6. Animal Print Memory Foam Dog Bed  | 7. Quilted Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed | 8. Modern Mud Cloth Natural Dog Bed | 9. Wild One Bed | 10. Indigo Mud Cloth Dog Bed | 11. Isla Dog Sofa | 12. Fringe Studio Textile Lines Pillow Pet Bed

I have to admit that I love a floor pillow in place of a traditional dog bed. They are subtle and great for small spaces as you can layer them on top of a rug so it doesn’t take up a significant amount of floor space. Something like #6 would be very cute layered over a cowhide rug and people won’t even realize it’s secretly a dog bed. Personally, my pup will lay/sleep on basically anything but over the years I’ve noticed he prefers the beds that have a ridge so he can lay his head on it like a pillow, so #7 and #9 would be his preference I’m sure. But as I mentioned before here, a great trick is to have throw blankets (that you aren’t super attached to) layered on rugs and on the floor for them to snuggle up on. This is a great way to keep them off furniture as much as possible.

1. Dove Marine Rope Dog Leash & Charcoal Stripe Dog Collar | 2. Found My Animal Classic Hemp Dog Leash & Making Shapes Collar | 3. Emerald Velvet Rope Leash & Hunter Green Rope Dog Collar | 4. Coral Dog Collar & Coral Dog Leash | 5. Navy + Brass Recycled Materials Dog Collar & Royal Navy Rope Dog Leash  | 6. Chambray Dog Collar & Grey Cotton Rope Dog Leash | 7. Custom Leather Dog Collar & Black Leather Dog Leash | 8. Wild One Collar & Wild One Leash | 9. Sage Box Lounge Leash

This roundup was very timely for me as I have not upgraded Gus’s collar and leash combo since we adopted him. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while but never felt like a big enough priority to spend money on. BUT NOW, after seeing the options out there I think it is time. He would look so handsome in #5 and #7 but I also love the look of #9. Has anyone had experiences with any of these brands or products?? If so, you know I love a real customer review so let me know.

1. Concrete Pet Bowl | 2. Ceramic Peet Bowl | 3. Waggo Dipper Dog & Cat Bowl | 4. Handcrafted Ceramic Raised Dog Cat Pet Bowl | 5. Dog Bowl for Small & Large Dogs | 6. Wild One Bowl | 7. Ethical Pet Stoneware Crock Pet Dish | 8. Raised Dog Bowl | 9. Concrete Dog Bowl

The difference that purchasing these dog bowls made in my kitchen is pretty unbelievable. Before, I was using tin salad bowls in place of actual dog bowls and let’s just say it was not cute and very messy. Now that we have these proper ones I feel so much better and I feel happy for Gus even though he doesn’t know the difference, I like the idea of spoiling him a bit (he’s my baby!!).

design by mel burstin | photo by tessa nuestadt | from: house tour: mel’s new place makes us want to declutter immediately

1. Vanilla Veg Tanned Leather Tug Toy | 2. Modern Mud Cloth Natural Dog Squeaky Toy | 3. Cotton Dog Rope Toy | 4. Frisco Plush and Rope Bundle Dog Toy, 6-Pack | 5. Triangle Tug | 6. Medium Rope Tug | 7. Organic Cotton Rope Dog Toy | 8. Bolt Bite | 9. Sheepskin Bone Squeaky Plush Dog Toy | 10. HuggleHide Bone Dog Toy | 11. Leaps & Bounds Playful by Nature Toss | 12. Jax and Bones Anchor Rope Dog Toy

My dog is a pretty big boy so his favorite toys are stuffed animals he can rip apart in two seconds. He also loves a squeaky toy (like the animals in #4) but they annoy me so much so for him, I try to stick with bones and things he can chew on. However, his favorite ball ever is this so if you don’t mind the squeaky sound, it’s a good and cheap option. #5 and #8 are very chic for dog toys and a rope toy is a classic because who doesn’t love tug of war??

1. Jar With Lid | 2. 3 Piece Canister Set | 3. Waggo Gloss Dog & Cat Treat Jar | 4. Waggo Dipper Dog & Cat Treat Jar | 5. Colori Canister | 6. Large Ceramic Canister | 7. Niko Large Blue Ceramic Canister with Wood Lid | 8. Textured Stoneware Kitchen Canisters | 9. Airscape Ceramic Storage Container

The great thing about treat containers is you can use just about any kitchen food container out there. If you don’t have a ton of cabinet space and will be leaving the treats out on a counter all of these options are stylish options that could easily fit in with normal kitchen decor. I love #5 and #8 and you can’t go wrong with a classic glass jar.

1. Set of Rainbow Baskets | 2. Culla Bench | 3. Garissa Basket | 4. Woven Basket | 5. Revistero Basket | 6. Mid-Century Cabinet | 7. Jay Tufted Upholstered Storage Bench | 8. Mid-Century Toy Chest | 9. Rope Basket with Lid

Storage is always top of mind for me (hello tiny apartment) so I had to include some options here. Now that you have dog leashes, collars, and toys you’ll need somewhere to store them. If your space permits, I think an entry storage bench is a perfect solution. You can keep the leash and toys close by the door plus the bench can be multifunctional.

If a storage bench is not a viable option, baskets are a great alternative. I love the ease of simply throwing my things in a basket and closing the lid. Voila! Just like that, I am the best organizer ever.

did you think I would end this post without showing off my sweet boy, gus at least once??

That’s all I have for pups but I’d love to know what other pet roundups would you like to see from us. We know many of you are dying for some cat content (which I am sure Caitlin or Sara could certainly oblige) but if you have other suggestions drop them in the comments. See you there. xx

Opener Image Credit: Design by Lea Johnson | From: Tour a Stylist’s Mid-Century-Meets-Traditional “Farmhouse” Full of Thrifted Treasures

The post Does Your Home And Pup Want Cuter But Practical Accessories? We’ve Got You Covered appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét