Thứ Tư, 1 tháng 4, 2020

Book 2!!! Help Me Pick The Cover and Title (Plus The Shots That Didn’t Make The Cut)

My second book is due in a couple of months (eek, and not in a cute “eek” kinda way), and the cover and title decision can’t wait until life gets back to normal. As you know I like to crowdsource all my major life decisions so today I’m showing you the options to get your input, I’ve got it down to two. We had so much fun shooting it (months ago, obviously) and while there can only be one cover, I love most of these a lot. Here you go:

I want this book to be a classic, something that is timeless so – we could go more classic, thus “The Drapes of Wrath”, which seems kinda timely for these darker days but I think that “Wrath” might be too off-brand for me. Being the huge romantic that I am, I’m leaning more towards “Eat, Pray, Loveseat” as loveseats are the unsung heroes of living room seating, so plugging it into the title certainly makes me happy. That subtitle also feels right to me.

I collaborated with Daniel Craig on “The Girl With The Style Breakthrough” and you guys, he is as lovely in person as he seems (and very handsome). It does feel more like my first book title to me, with an emphasis on style, not design. “Style And The City” is what my publisher is leaning towards, but having two children that are likely going to read this book someday, I kinda wish I hadn’t posed nude for that shoot.

These two really didn’t feel right to me. “A Tale of Two Settees” just doesn’t pop color-wise. And while “Couch 22” has a nice punch of color, I don’t even really say “couch” and much prefer the word “sofa”. It’s like “vase” or “VAHHZE,” our rule is if it’s over $100 you pronounce it VAHZE (rhyming with Oz), under $100 its “vase,” like base, FYI. Free tip!!

I LOVE this one and almost called it the day of the shoot – THIS IS IT. Ryan (Gosling) felt strongly about shooting in real rain versus a set (or doing something in post-production, my suggestion) which made the shoot itself hard but admittedly he was right and it turned out beautiful. Please note the size of my hand.

Now for the FINAL COVER IMAGE – ARE YOU READY????

I’m so, so happy with it. Bringing in Patrick Swayze (RIP that national treasure) is what tipped it from “good” to the quiet whisper of “yes, that’s it, that is THE cover.” I hope you agree 🙂

Let me know what your thoughts are!!! Which one would you buy first at a bookstore in a year from now??

**Seemed like the right day (and general time) to bring these back. We did them originally for Styled and I TOTALLY forgot about them til I referenced Dirty Dancing last week. Nobody on my team had ever seen them before so hopefully, they were new to you and made you smile today. Do you want to know what is not a joke? Brian and I used to do “the lift” at parties, TRUE STORY. Sometimes successfully, many times well, NOT. 🙂 Thanks to my friend Chandler for the photoshop work 🙂

Happy April Fools and come back later today for our VERY serious design-related content:) But seriously no more jokes. xx

The post Book 2!!! Help Me Pick The Cover and Title (Plus The Shots That Didn’t Make The Cut) appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét