Thứ Bảy, 25 tháng 4, 2020

The famous window box that you're going to want to recreate at home

Some say the windows are the eyes of our homes, making window box planters the lashes if you will – to add extra pizzazz.

To see one of the best window box planters in the business follow @tinyandthehouse on Instagram. The magnificent garden feature is that of interiors enthusiast Jacqueline Mercer.

Jacqueline shares snaps of the window box in all its glory, all year round. Inspiring others with her incredible seasonal flower choices.

More to inspire: Before and after: enjoy a gorgeous garden makeover with fab she shed

This unique window box planter is enough to inspire even the most phobic gardener…

window box ideas

Image credit: Jacqueline Mercer @tinyandthehouse

‘Loving my window box combo, not bored of it at all,’ explains Jaqueline herself. ‘I Will swap out the cyclamen for something else later this year when I can.’

Jacqueline’s window box has it’s own following (myself included), who eagerly await to see how she changes the planting from season to season.

Speaking of her pleasing plant choices Jacqueline says, ‘It’s not easy to pick plants for window boxes or gardens actually.’

‘There is sooo much choice it’s incredibly overwhelming. So I think we all play it safe a lot. I try to look for things that look fun, or will last a long time. I’m learning constantly, I am no professional gardener.’ Could have fooled us!

Window box ideas

Image credit: Jacqueline Mercer @tinyandthehouse

Jacqueline shares the plants with us here…

window box inspiration

Image credit: Jacqueline Mercer @tinyandthehouse

The epic planter has just been given a fresh coat of paint for spring.

‘It also just got a fresh coat of paint and the legs that we added last year to support it finally got painted. It looks like new, so much better!!! The fence, the back brick wall, greenhouse and the window box all in the same colour really ties the whole garden together.’

Window box idea

Image credit: Jacqueline Mercer @tinyandthehouse

Speaking of the paint choice she says, ‘This colour is Royal Exterior in Anthracite by Protek Woodstain.’

‘I love this colour in the garden because all the green of the plants really looks good with it. I have more fencing to fresh, a wall shed, log store and another window box to do… always more to do!’

Related: How to paint a fence – treat your wooden fence to keep it looking fresh

wINDOW BOX IDEAS

Image credit: Jacqueline Mercer @tinyandthehouse

‘People ask me where I get ideas for my window boxes, I do try to look online but I never see what I like really so I walk about London. Central London, Mayfair, Chelsea they always have great displays.’

‘I have to say I’m pretty proud of this one, and I really enjoy seeing it from the house when I look out,’ Jacqueline exclaims. ‘Hard to believe I live in a city when I look out. It really does cheer the place up.’

Goes to show, you can live almost anywhere and evoke the sense of a beautiful country garden – just like Jacqueline has.

View this post on Instagram

I have finally gotten the time to post up my updated winter window box. Thanks for all the messages and questions on it. As promised I will post the names of everything in my stories and save it to highlights. I love how interested everyone was to know. Quite often when I find myself in the garden centre it’s just Martha and I and lots of old couples 😂 Can gardening become cool please?! . It’s not easy to pick plants for window boxes or gardens actually, there is sooo much choice it’s incredibly overwhelming. So I think we all play it safe a lot. I try to look for things that look fun, or will last a long time. I’m learning constantly, I am no professional gardener. I have to say I’m pretty proud of this one, and I really enjoy seeing it from the house when I look out. Hard to believe I live in a city when I look out. It really does cheer the place up. The front window box now really does need a makeover, it’s looking quite lame in comparison! I’m really drawn to the dark foliage, so when I found these at @gardeningclubuk I snapped them up. One of my fave house plants is oxalis, it’s a dark purple / burgundy also. I need to look into more if this for the house. People ask me where I get ideas for my window boxes, I do try to look online but I never see what I like really so I walk about London. Central London, Mayfair, Chelsea they always have great displays. . . . #gardening #gardentips #gardeningideas #lovemygarden #winterplants #baywindow #windowboxes #victorianhouse #gardenmakeover #diy #greenfingers #winterwindowboxes #cyclamen #snowberries #geranium #foliage #urbangarden #citygarden #novicegardener #plantsmakepeoplehappy #instagarden #gardensofinstagram

A post shared by Jacqueline Mercer (@tinyandthehouse) on

Inspirational ideas: Garden decking ideas and designs for plots both large and small

Feeling inspired to dress your home with an attractive window box planter?

The post The famous window box that you're going to want to recreate at home appeared first on Ideal Home.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét