Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 8, 2020

Choosing Curtains For a Small Space: Ryann Has 3 Different Style Options And Needs Your Help

Welcome to another episode of “Ryann can’t seem to make a design decision without writing a whole post about it”. This week’s dilemma is all about window treatments so you can expect a rollercoaster of emotions and of course a healthy dose of fear and anxiety over making the wrong choice. THE FUN AWAITS.

The last time we chatted about my living/ dining area I was so young and naive, thinking that deciding on a paint color was going to be our biggest hurdle. Ha. ha. ha. Cut to now, I’ve spent weeks agonizing over curtains and wish it were as easy. My problem is I have a small space and two windows (well, technically 3) within 8 ft of each other that require window treatments. Also, surprise! We finally painted and we love it. So once again, here’s the layout:

pardon the mess but please note my design assistant Gus:)

As you can see we have a fairly wide window behind the TV and two corner windows where my beautiful new desk is (from Sunbeam Vintage). The windows have been undressed and exposed for over a year now because I have been putting off this part of the design process for as long as possible. Curtain shopping is terrifyingly difficult but after months of searching I’ve narrowed down my choices (for now). Here we go:

OPTION 1: MOODY ECLECTIC

I know someone will hate that these are not blackout curtains but let me explain why. We get a fairly good amount of natural light in this room which I love, and I worry blackout curtains will darken the room way too much. This area is also where I work so the last thing I want is for it to feel like a movie theatre in here. Yes, it makes it hard to watch TV during the day but cutting down our TV consumption is never a bad thing. That said, in the corner where my desk lives is where the most sunlight comes through and at certain times of the day it is blinding. So, I’d prefer thicker curtains there so I can finally work without sunglasses on (true story) while leaving the living area brighter.

Now, I can’t wait to talk about the knotted curtains. I am in love with the shape and the elegant drape of them. I’ve never called curtains dreamy, but these totally are. I really love the look of them paired with these diamond patterned ones that have a really special delicate design. My only worry is how they will look paired with our current living room rug. The rug is multicolored and does have some hints of purple so it could work well or it could very well clash with the busyness… should I take the risk?

OPTION 2: ELEGANT MONOCHROME

This option might be my favorite (though it’s my boyfriend Rocky’s least favorite of course). Here we have my favorite dreamy curtains this time in this beautiful muted green color paired with simple olive green linen curtains. Going monochrome with all the green seems pretty cool and calming for a workspace, plus it would give us so much freedom to play around with art and decor.

OPTION 3: BRIGHT & BOLD TRADITIONAL

When I wrote about my living and dining room, I was contemplating between these velvet mustard curtains or these matte velvet ones. Clearly things have changed since then but what hasn’t changed is my attraction to these crushed velvet curtains and how I imagine they would look against the paint color. I think they’d really brighten up the space and complement our old-world art and decor very well. The living room curtains are simple enough but still have some really special detail with the tassels and subtle design that I love. This is Rocky’s top choice so if it’s your favorite too I wouldn’t blame you because he has really great taste.

In the spirit of designing for real life as the ever-wise Arlyn urges us to do, I want to assure you that I did consider roman shades for the corner windows for the sake of practicality. I was told it might be annoying to have long curtains where my desk is, but after much contemplation, I came to the conclusion that it will be manageable because I just really love the look of curtains. The desk is very light and easy to move and there is enough space there that it does not need to be flush with the wall. With some tie backs, I can easily pull them aside to let some sunlight in when need be. 🙂

So there you have it. If you have made it this far and are wondering why I wouldn’t have all the curtains match, truthfully, that had not crossed my mind until just now. Ha! I guess we always pictured them being mix-matched to add some more style and dynamic to the space. As always, I want to hear what you think! What is your favorite option? I’d love to pick your brilliant brains. xx

Opener Image Credit: Design and Photo by Emily Cosnotti | From: House Tour: Original Woodwork, Moody Walls & A Gasp-Worthy Wallpaper

The post Choosing Curtains For a Small Space: Ryann Has 3 Different Style Options And Needs Your Help appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét