Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 8, 2020

The Link Up: Emily’s Target Studio McGee Line Picks, Our Favorite Yoga Mat and Sara’s Very Important (and Personal) Charity

This past week left us speechless… yet again. While beautiful reveals help to create moments of escape, we have to continue keep our eyes wide open and actively fight against injustice. So before we get into another small dose of escapism, if you can donate to Jacob Blake’s GoFundMe and if anyone has information about how to help the victims of the Kenosha protest please put that info in the comments. Okay, let’s get to the link up…

Today’s home tour comes to us from The Design Files (duh!). This home is a masterclass in pops of color. Homeowner, interior decorator Phoebe Rolleston and architect Lucy Bowen really created something beautiful.

From Emily: The new Studio McGee collection for Target is better than imagined. I need nothing right now which pains me because I want this table, this pouf (in blue), and this console so bad. Yay to my friend Shea for such a great collaboration with my other friend, Target. 🙂

Lastly… Woah, this is a VERY GOOD LADDER.

From Ryann: This piece by Jazmine Hughes awoke my soul and made me feel excited about reading and writing again. It is beautifully written, full of personal reflection and social commentary, all while celebrating personal triumph and new experiences. It’s probably the best thing I’ve read all year, so if you are in the mood for a very poignant and intoxicating read, I can’t recommend it enough.

From Jess: If you love arches and stunning architecture you are going to LOVE this Modern Spanish home. I can’t stop looking at it!

From Julie: From Julie: “Earlier this summer my sister, Val, and her family decided to make a big move up north to Bend, Oregon after a year of traveling the world. And yes, they did get quarantined abroad for about a month before traveling home to Los Angeles but that is a whole other story. They are becoming true PNW-ers and have even started a small business on Etsy selling butterfly habitats. Why butterfly habitats you may ask? After the move my sister got talking with an old high school friend, Julie, (another Julie!) about her beautiful garden in LA (check out her IG here: @this_bountiful_life) and how she had so many monarch caterpillars but couldn’t find a shop that was selling affordable habitats. So, being the creative, ambitious and currently unemployed (after traveling for a year) person my sister is she decided to create @ButterflyCasita.

Here’s more info about their products from Val: Our Butterly Habitats are an easy, exciting new item to bring home and begin a lifelong love of nature’s most beautiful pollinators. The Butterfly Cottage is our smaller design. Perfect for a balcony, small patio or for anyone who would like to hang their butterfly habitat on an outdoor wall. Whereas, The Butterfly Brownstone is our larger design. Tall and slim, just like the New York buildings they are named after. Perfect for a garden or outdoor space. Are you an avid gardener who wants to bring beautiful pollinators to your plants? Are you a parent of curious young ones who love to learn about creatures? Are you focused on how you can benefit the environment with simple everyday practices? Our Butterfly Habitats are perfect for anyone who has a love of nature! Our habitats provide caterpillars with a safe home during their metamorphosis process. Get ready to watch one of nature’s most beautiful transformations. Egg to caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly!

From Caitlin: I love Korean food. (I picked an apartment within walking distance of Hae Jang Chon for a reason — it is THE best all you can eat KBBQ place in LA, I will debate it with anyone, and their bulgogi is SO GOOD that friends from the South Bay will drive all the way up to meet me there for a meal. Shoutout Hae Jang Chon!!!) Anyway — I wanted to start learning more about ways to incorporate more Korean food into my everyday meal rotation, so I picked up this cookbook by Maangchi which I LOVE. There are tons of ingredient and equipment lists at the beginning so I haven’t felt super overwhelmed (my normal food prep lately has been like…toast, so ANY cooking is a stretch) and it’s also just fun to read and super educational. She also has an awesome YouTube channel if you’re more of a visual learner:) 10/10!!!

Also from Caitlin: A friend sent me this video on Friday and it made me happy cry. SO SWEET.

Since Nisolo can’t hold their annual warehouse sale in person, they’re holding it online… and this is GREAT NEWS for us, because we are all Nisolo super fans. We own (and can vouch for) these open-toed mules, these d’Orsay oxfords, these 2.5″ block-heeled mules, these slip-ons, and our everyday mules. They also have a ton of cute keep-forever bags and earrings available. It’s our favorite sale this week!

From Mallory: I’ve never owned a yoga mat before last week (which is really weird of me) so I did some research and decided to splurge on this one in green sage. Worth it.

From Sara: My mom is a teacher of 35+ years, so we’ve been chatting A LOT about the distance learning and zoom class situation. She’s currently teaching TK, and if you have TK aged children, first of all BLESS YOU, and second of all I have some recs straight from my sweet mom. Even if you don’t have TK aged kids, these app recs are great for all young and elementary school kids!

First up is my mom’s favorite app, VOOKS. From their site – “It’s a kid-safe, ad-free streaming library of read-along, animated storybooks.” My mom says she plays one of these every morning for 15 minutes while kids trickle into their zoom session, and she loves it.

Second is Deep Space Sparkle Art. These online art classes were actually a special recommendation for Birdie because I told her how much she loves doing art. My mom is very art-based (she also used to teach art classes on the weekend, as if spending 5 days a week with children was just not enough! SOME PEOPLE ARE TRUE ANGELS!), and she thinks the classes and activities this site is putting together are really awesome.

LASTLY – My mom works in a majority low-income school district in Los Angeles, and distance learning has been a really tough transition for many of the kids in her class. Many of their parents are working essential jobs which keep them from being home, they have limited access to the internet, and limited access to basic school resources and supplies at home. And if you didn’t already know this, public education is severely underfunded and teachers spend SO MUCH out of their own pockets. This year my mom put together kits (that included art supplies, books, supplies, etc., all out of pocket) and personally dropped them off at each student’s home. So I asked my mom what would she LOVE for her kids to have this year. What are the things that she really wishes she could give her kids to just make their educational experience that much better, and not just the bare minimum.

She came up with two things – First, she’d love to get each of her 15 students headphones with microphones. She says it helps their focus tenfold when they’re able to block out noises from the rest of the house (including siblings who are also trying to distance learn). SO, I created a Target registry where anyone can purchase a pair and have them directly shipped to my mom, who will then deliver them to each student!

Secondly, she would love to give each student one new book a month. Ownership of books is so empowering to kids on their journey to reading. She’s set up a Scholastic donation collection here in order to be able to fund this goal of giving each student in her classroom one new book every month for the entire school year.

These two things would make a huge difference to 15 kids this year. And I know the teacher is my mom, but I can’t tell you enough how AMAZING of a teacher this woman is. It’s rare that someone knows at the age of 5 so passionately what they want to do, and then spends their entire life pursuing that passion, getting two masters (one at age 53!), and doing it all in a second language (my mom is an immigrant whose first language is Spanish). OK I’M DONE CRYING NOW, and thank you anyone and everyone who can donate to help in any small way.

That’s it for today! Have a happy and safe rest of your weekend. See you tomorrow xx

Opening Image Credit: Design by Phoebe Rolleston and Lucy Bowen | Styled by Annie Portelli | Photo by Eve Wilson | via The Design Files

The post The Link Up: Emily’s Target Studio McGee Line Picks, Our Favorite Yoga Mat and Sara’s Very Important (and Personal) Charity appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét