Happy Sunday folks. How is everyone doing? We hope you are hanging in there, staying safe, and finding as much joy as possible right now.
Speaking of finding joy, if you need a pick me up, might we suggest today’s home tour. We have sung Reath Design’s praises before (because they are SO talented) and we are doing it again (please hold while we clear our throats). This living room is somehow modern, sleek, vintage, and eclectic and extremely welcoming. Do yourself a design favor and check out this 1960s mid century modern gem.
From Emily: If there is anything else that needs to convince you of the extreme economic disparity of this country its this graph showing the wealth of Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon) and the 400 richest people in the world. Get ready to be a little depressed at the state of things. Keep scrolling. Don’t stop. I’m curious how he feels when he sees this – is he proud or like “geez I should probably pay my employees more, I should probably help the front line workers, maybe I should give my nanny a bonus” (not sure he even has kids if so, man, those kids are in for a weird life…) I’m with a lot of people who have said being a “billionaire” just shouldn’t be a thing. Once you get to a billion dollars, ya gotta share because too many people are living in poverty for one person to have that much wealth – more than he can ever, ever spend. Thanks, Cup of Jo for sharing this.
Also From Emily: It took me a while to embrace the “fire column” or any non-wood fire pit/table/column, really. Once we put gas ones inside I realized that ANY fire is better than no fire and honestly the easier it is the more often we’ll use it. Last summer we put this fire column (with four chairs) on our upper deck and sat up there almost every. single. night. around it with friends (oh, friends, remember those?). Everyone was always so impressed with how easy it was to turn on and off and yes, you just have to replace the propane tank like once a month from the gas station – no fancy natural gas hookups needed. If you have any small outdoor space right now I can highly recommend an affordable, easy to use “fire column” that makes your spring and summer nights a LOT more fun. Tonight we are doing ‘smores and the kids are VERY EXCITED.
From Sara: Recently I switched to wearing all my flowy summer dresses during the day, instead of a pair of sweats. Something about it just makes me feel a little less “rolled out of bed already sweating” and more “Jane Austin Character On Summer Holiday.” I just got this maxi dress at Target, and I’m in love. At first, when I saw it online I thought the material was going to be really stiff and there was just going to be a lot of it, making it bulky and unflattering. But actually touching it in store while on a pharmacy run, the material is super soft and light, and the fit (for me) is really flattering. It’s kind of the perfect affordable summer dress that also makes me feel chic. It runs a little big, I’m usually a size S/M (29 in jeans), but the XS of this dress fits me fine.
From Julie: These semi-healthy-salty-herb-smashed-potatoes are my new french fry. We have probably made them about 8+ times in the past 60 days and by we I mean my boyfriend since he is literally cooking all the meals. I handle the baking and washing dishes so it’s even I swear.
Jess: These past few weeks have been nothing if not an emotional roller coaster that I am desperately trying to get off of but don’t really know how (I know I am not alone in that). It’s been increasingly hard to find things that bring me true lightness and a sense of joy. BUT man did I find one of the most special people on the internet, Tabitha Brown (via Crystal Anderson) last week. Now she has about 1.4 million followers so I have clearly just been living under a rock. But Tabitha, very accurately dubbed, “World’s Favorite Mom” (but is also an actress and vegan foodie), brightens my day so genuinely every time she pops up on my phone. Do yourself a favor and go follow her IMMEDIATELY if you don’t already. You are in for a serious treat. The world is better with Tabitha (and her family) in it.
Also from Jess: Last week, when I went to pick up dinner from our favorite local restaurant there was an hour wait because it’s that good. Ok, fine! I had the “genius idea” of getting Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo. I know, a rookie move on my part. But regardless, it’s amazing and if are ever in Sonoma in the future go to El Molino Central. Ok back to the story. So knowing that I couldn’t leave my car on while I waited because it would kill my battery, I sat in the heat. FUN FACT: That didn’t matter! It still died despite it being a not very old car (it likely happened from not driving it for 2 weeks). So in a panic, I called my dad to give my car a jump. Fast forward to this Friday when we both realized that he had gifted me this personal portable jump starter. Guys, this thing is amazing and I feel SO DUMB that I forgot I had it. Not only will you never need someone else to help jump your car but it can also charge any device because it has 2 USB ports and comes with all the adapters. It’s not cheap but it’s seriously probably the most useful thing I (now know) that I own.
From Mallory: If you saw the workout post, you probably saw that Emily and Sara really only care about one workout app, and one workout app alone. It’s called Aptiv and I think they’ve now convinced me to try it. I asked Emily basically why I should get it and she told me that it’s really great, 20 minute workouts and that I just need to trust her and try “Two Birds One Stone” with Akeem. She claims it’s the best workout EVER and that she gets sad when she tries anything else. So brb, I’m gonna try it this weekend…
From Caitlin: It finally happened, folks. I bit the bullet last week bought a Masterclass subscription after seeing what must have been my millionth targeted ad. (Why are those trailers so good?!) I’m thrilled to report that it is, in fact, worth the money. I’ve been watching a lesson or two at the end of the day, before bed, or sometimes I just run them in the background while I’m cleaning and it’s a nice alternative to yet another episode of The Office. My favorites so far are from Judy Blume (do I have interest in writing a children’s book? No! Is she super lovely and calming? Absolutely!), Ron Finley (the most personable gardener who I hope will adopt me one day), David Sedaris (my favorite for background listening — a nice NPR alternative), and Chris Voss (a former hostage negotiator). Have you guys taken any Masterclasses? Which one should I watch next?!”
From Ryann: This guy’s impressions have been getting me through a lot lately. They are so spot on and make me so happy and I just want to thank him and all the Instagram accounts that are distracting me from this crisis even if just for a minute. And on that note, please send me hilarious Instagram accounts and memes.
And lastly if you are interested, here are some really great sales happening right now from some of our favorite retailers:
CB2 UP to 30% off outdoor furniture
Crate & Barrel 50% off outdoor best sellers + 40% off outdoor entertaining
Pottery Barn Up to 50% off outdoor event
Wayfair Up to 65% off the big outdoor sale + 70% off bed and bath sale
West Elm Up to 60% off outdoor furniture and decor
That’s all for now, hope we gave you some welcomed distractions and see you tomorrow. xx
Opener Image Credit: Design by Reath Design
The post The Link Up: Sara’s Perfect $35 Summer Dress, The Most Useful Thing Jess Owns & The Workout App We Are Still Talking About appeared first on Emily Henderson.
Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét