Chủ Nhật, 16 tháng 8, 2020

The Link Up: Julie’s New $30 Yellow Pants, Ryann’s Affordable Wall Art, and The Best Trick To Keeping Your Plants Alive

Geez, can you believe we’re more than halfway through August?? This means summer is almost over and we hardly remember it even happening…what a weird time. Hopefully, your week was full of good things and not bad things. If it was full of good things, let’s celebrate, and if not here are some links to make your day a little brighter.

This week’s home tour is brought to you via The Design Files and let this be a warning that it will make you want a blue velvet sofa. Also, the bar cart couldn’t be any better which is always a win in our book. You will not be disappointed, trust me.

From Emily: For all of us continuing to support black-owned businesses (and if you want your home to look awesome), 54kibo where I bought this side table is pretty incredible. It’s simple, modern and so special. If you want to see it in action check out my living room.

From Mallory: I accidentally bought a fiddle leaf and before you laugh at me, you need to understand that it was in the plant section that said “rubber tree” and I thought I was just picking out a really special looking rubber tree. Well, I got home and watched Hilton Carter’s video about rubber trees and took one look at the plant he was talking about and another look at the plant I had just bought and realized that they were in fact not the same. From there I found ANOTHER Hilton Carter video all about fiddle leafs (this guy knows his stuff) and now I feel prepared to take care of this little guy that I hope to one day be proud of. If you have a plant you don’t know how to take care of, just google “Hilton Carter and (insert name of plant)” and I’m sure it will come up (he’s the best!)

From Caitlin: I have written before about my obsession with the @cheapoldhouses Instagram — it’s the BEST feed, but it’s also SO FUN to be able to keep tabs on the homes that are saved by fellow design lovers. To that end, writer Myles E. Johnson is raising funds to buy one of the recently featured properties — which may have been a stop on the Underground Railroad!! — and to remodel it as an artist/spiritual retreat for Black LGBTQ+ people. There’s a GoFundMe here if you want to help an under-served group AND save a beautiful home!!!

From Jess: Body lotion has always been hard for me. This fact was mostly tragic as a 13-year-old because Bath & Body Works was out of the question. Anyway, my skin is sensitive and easily rashes so finding a good body lotion isn’t easy. Even “all-natural” ones still can be a no-go. So after months of seeing this Necessaire lotion promoted by basically everyone, I finally just gave in. Welp, I really love it. It’s totally scentless, goes on great and the bottle is a very decent size! It’s also good for the environment because it comes in recyclable packaging, is vegan, and cruelty-free… all great things. I will absolutely be buying this again. Also thank you to Kellie Brown who was the influencer to finally convince me. My dry skin is forever grateful.

For those who are able, here is an article full of ways to continue to support the people of Lebanon after Beirut’s completely devastating explosion that happened at the beginning of the month, making 300,000 people homeless.

From Ryann: Now that my walls are finally painted I desperately need art. My budget is limited so my plan is to incorporate some inexpensive prints along with a few vintage paintings if the price is right. I asked my boyfriend to help me with this endeavor and he discovered this Etsy shop that has THE best prints of so many different genres. I want them all but especially this one and this one.

Also From Mallory: I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this mascara is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Just a friendly reminder if you are looking for one:)

From Julie: I’ve never been able to pull off any piece of clothing in the yellow category due to my fair complexion. That is until I spotted these yellow pants at Target the other day when I was getting some styling props for an upcoming shoot. Sorry Emily, I couldn’t resist a little retail therapy on the clock when they were this CUTE. The pant is also loose-fitting with that trendy sailor pant leg which is so nice for the hot LA summer days when I still need to schlep stuff but don’t want to wear shorts. This is my second pair of pants like this from Target, the first of which I’ve been wearing almost every day this quaran-year (see what I did there?) cause they are close to the comfort of sweats but stylish enough for the public eye.

From Sara: Essie cargo-go nail polish! It’s the color I’ve been wearing all summer and I always get compliments. PLUS it dries super fast, which is never a bad thing 🙂

That’s all for this week, folks. Tune in next week cause we sure have some exciting posts coming your way. Have a happy Sunday! xx

Opening Image Credit: Design by John Wares | Styling by Annie Portelli | Photo by Eve Wilson | via The Design Files

The post The Link Up: Julie’s New $30 Yellow Pants, Ryann’s Affordable Wall Art, and The Best Trick To Keeping Your Plants Alive appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét