Thứ Bảy, 28 tháng 9, 2019

The 3 Stylish, Comfortable Pants I Wear ALL the Time (That Don’t Feel Like I’m Wearing Pants)

pants for women

Early this week, the girls in the office were talking about the struggle of having so many pants that are too uncomfortable to actually sit in. This is a thing, and I once had to go home because of it and change. Most of them wear jumpers or overalls or dresses to the office. As much as I love my high-waisted button fly jam-it-all-in vintage Levi’s, if I know I have a big “sitting” day (or driving day or running around town in meetings day—basically doing anything except standing at a party) you couldn’t pay me to wear them, especially when it’s still warm out, after a summer of debauchery. Instead, I have 3-5 pants that I have found myself wearing ALL. THE. TIME. Pants that I feel look cool and are extremely comfortable. They have the comfort of sweats but are made out of material that looks stylish and pulled together. And no, they aren’t all drop-crotch but yes, the idea is that none of them cut in on your waist and do indeed give all the parts more room. It’s all about the proportion and silhouette. Let’s discuss.

pants for women

Shop the Look: SweaterShirt | Pants | Shoes

These are my new favorite jeans. I ordered them to see if this new slouchy jean thing would ever be flattering on me. At first, I didn’t like them because indeed they are baggy in the bum and I felt frumpy. But then I put them on with a chunky sweater and showed them to my crew before I sent them back and they all RAVED. It’s all about the styling with these. The next day, I wore them with a long fitted jacket and vintage tee, then with a French-tucked oversized blouse and soon I was wearing them every day. They are baggy, which is a thing but I didn’t know it would be my thing but because they are also tapered and cropped, there is a good shape going on here. I love clothes that play with proportions in a way that doesn’t look frumpy. With these, your waist has room, your crotch is free, your calves are the star (?!?!) AND you can sit, run around and get stuff done all day every day.

pants for women

Look at me sitting in such comfort! I’ll admit they are trickier to style out. The top half of your body and your shoes have to be considered because they can go real frumpy real fast. I like to do either a French tuck or wear something cropped like EHD’s new favorite sweater (it’s SO VERY GOOD).

pants for women

I’ve had that bag (I know it’s bad luck to put on the ground, sorry) for YEARS because it’s perfect, so well made, fits my laptop and has both cross-body and shoulder straps. It’s by Parker Clay, a wonderful, beautiful sustainable brand that cares about the world.

The clogs are from Madewell and are still available (and come in a few different colors). I have other clogs that are taller that I love, but can’t wear them every day. These are my “every day” clogs.

pants for women

1. Billie Distressed Relaxed Jeans | 2. Slim Boyfriend Jeans | 3. One Rip High Waist Boyfriend Jean | 4. Boyfriend Low Jeans | 5. The Summer Jean | 6. The Dad Jeans

pants for women

Shop the Look: Shirt | Pants (similar) | Shoes | Bag | Hat

Next are my “bow-legged” pants—not a historically desired silhouette of mine or possibly anyone, but when I saw them online (months ago) from the maker of my favorite drop-crotched pants (Nilli Lotan), I knew that I had to try them. I put them on and it was a “hell yes,” followed by a quick “WTF” from Brian, and I even asked you guys on stories and 80% of you said “hell no,” although Kristin Bell amongst other people whose fashion I love, DM’d me that it was a “hell yes.” The cut is strangely flattering (YET SO COMFORTABLE) because it does this thing where it bows out in the knees, making a lot of space between the legs. And this is not me promoting any sort of thigh gap, but yes this pretty much has a crotch to ankle “leg gap.” All I know is that if I go on a trip and forget them, I panic. I feel stylish in them, while comfort level is a 10.

I should have taken a pic of me just standing straight so you can see the shape of the leg—head to IG stories and I’ll put it up there.

pants for women

These pair are high end, and I bought them a while ago, but luckily this trend has finally trickled down to the more affordable brands, so we rounded up a few that are out now. (Nilli Lotan is one of the brands that I—and many other fashion companies—look to for things that feel more forward, but lucky for all of us that there are multiple markets for multiple budgets and if you wait a bit, usually a more affordable brand gets “inspired” by what they do and more pops up the following season. I feel that if you can support those that are taking the initial risk and really forging new ideas in the fashion/art/furniture/design world, we should. And those who want to wait one season for Madewell to remake it off at 1/2 the price, there’s a place for that, too.)

Speaking of, those Vince shoes that I wear almost every day (they give me a lift, they are super comfortable and I’m a big fan of the platform sneaker, stylistically) has a much more affordable version here, that we just found.

And yes, that is my favorite button-up (from Target), I wear a small which is still a bit oversized, but the cut is really good for layering. The front hangs down perfectly under sweaters and the color has a cute menswear style about it.

The belt bag is by local (now global) L.A. designer Claire V. I sat by her at a lunch last year and she was so sweet and humble and introduced herself as “Claire, a designer” and then an hour later I was like, WAIT YOU ARE CLAIRE V.???? I’ve had this one for a couple of years, but just bought this one.

And finally, the HAT. I get so many compliments on this hat, it’s stupid. I love it because it is really breathable; it looks like it’s a heavy felt, but it’s not. It’s just a really nice summer hat that shades my face really well (and amps up my outfit by a couple of notches).

pants for women

1. Pleated Carrot Jeans | 2. Slouchy Jeans | 3. OneTeaspoon Streetwalkers High-Waisted Jeans | 4. Tony Denim Pants | 5. Cargo Harem Pants | 6. Slouched Trousers

pants for women

Shop the Look: Shirt (similar) | Jacket (similar) | Pants | Shoes (similar) | Bag

Now THESE pants, at $35, are so cute and stylish and yes, still insanely comfortable. They have this really cute paper bag waist that I didn’t think/know I could pull off, but they have this awesome tapered shape that is, well, very cool. They aren’t as slimming as the other two, but their style level is high and when put with a crop top (!!!) and jacket, and booties that tuck under the hem, I feel like I’ve pulled together an outfit, like “I care.” Sometimes, that’s all we want to look like at work—that we are trying to be pulled together, while comfort is top of mind.

The shoes are by Nisolo and a couple of years old but I still wear them a lot. The circle bag is such a cute shape/size but warning that if you have an iPhone X, it BARELY fits because of its width. It closes, but it’s a struggle. The jacket I got last year from Nordstrom because I love and wear a plaid jacket ALL THE TIME. It is sadly unavailable but we found some similar ones here, here and here.

pants for women

1. Tie Front Linen Blend Pants | 2. Paperbag Waist Ankle Trousers | 3. Paperbag Jeans | 4. Harper Paperbag Waist Crop Pants | 5. Paper-Bag Jeans | 6. Terra High-Waisted Paperbag Pants

pants for women

We are trying out different types of fashion posts, sometimes trend-oriented (like this one that was INSANELY high in traffic) and others more about, well, clothes that I actually wear (like today). We also like to support brands of all budgets as we know that our audience has a wide variety of budgets. But I’d love to hear what fashion posts you’d like to see us try. I personally like the variety (fun trends, swimsuit reviews, comfort, and budget).

***photography by Veronica Crawford

The post The 3 Stylish, Comfortable Pants I Wear ALL the Time (That Don’t Feel Like I’m Wearing Pants) appeared first on Emily Henderson.


Sofa giá rẻ
https://sofagiarehcm.hatenablog.com
0975488488
981 Huỳnh Tấn Phát, P. Phú Thuận, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh
Sofa giá rẻ

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét